Every piece of Cathy Pope jewellery is handmade so it needs to be looked after carefully. Always protect your jewellery from sharp blows, scratching, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold.
- Store your jewellery in a soft lined jewellery box or pouches. Try to keep pieces apart so they don’t rub together.
- Jewellery doesn't like moisture so avoid damp areas for your jewellery storage.
- Place a piece of chalk or moisture absorber (Damp Rid) inside the jewellery box to absorb any moisture.
- Clean your jewellery regularly, using a professional jewellery cleaning product. Always read the manufacturers instructions.
- Never go swimming wearing your jewellery, chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals and will erode gold jewellery.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities as perspiration will affect the plating.
- Be aware of tarnish which may occur as a result of oxidation, caused by the interaction of silver or gold plated jewellery with certain elements such as oxygen or sulphur as well as with certain acids.
Keep silver jewellery away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids as they create abrasions and reduce the lustre of the metal. Cleaning silver jewellery is best done with a professional jewellery cleaning product. Thoroughly dry your silver jewellery after exposure to water.
Keep gold jewellery away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids as they create abrasions and reduce the lustre of the metal. Cleaning gold plated jewellery is best done with warm water and detergent free soap. Thoroughly dry your jewellery after exposure to water.
Frequent cleaning is recommended to maintain its beauty. Wipe your jewellery carefully with a soft jewellery cloth to keep it clean and free of elements which oxidise. Cathy recommends and using a jewellery polishing cloth.